As is true with many things in life, most of us don’t think about how we would cope with the frequently nerve-wracking scenario of suffering an injury at the workplace until it actually happens to us. Below are some helpful pointers to know in advance that will help steer you in the right direction if you ever find yourself in this unenviable and difficult position.
- Immediately notify your supervisor or direct report of the work incident
- Request to complete a written Incident Report documenting all the fundamental details of the incident while it is fresh in your memory
- Request immediate medical attention if you suffered a physical injury from the incident
- If you require and ultimately receive medical attention, make sure to get a work status note from the medical provider to give to your employer so that they are aware of what – if any – work restrictions you may have following your work incident
- Remember that you have the right to choose your own treating physician should you need continued medical care
– Alexander J. Sarris
Disclaimer: While this blog provides general information, it does not constitute legal advice. The best way to get guidance on your specific legal issue is to contact a lawyer. To schedule a meeting with an attorney, please call one of our lawyers at 860-398-9386. The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship.