Many people who are going through a divorce hear different things from their friends, family members and the Internet about how the process works. With so much information coming from different sources, however, it is difficult to know what is right.
At Dzialo, Pickett & Allen, P.C., our family law attorneys know Connecticut law and how it applies to each case we take on. For 50 years, we have empowered our clients by helping them understand their rights and options.
Our lawyers each bring a unique set of skills and knowledge to the table, which is why we work together. If you have a multifaceted case, we can take a multifaceted approach.
Comprehensive Legal Service For Your Complex Case
We assist people in the areas of Middletown, Old Saybrook and Hartford with all types of issues related to divorce, including:
- Alimony: Whether you expect to pay it or receive it, we will fight for a fair outcome.
- Child custody and support: We know how important your child’s well-being is to you. We will strive to protect your child’s best interests throughout the duration of your case.
- High-asset divorces: Dividing the assets of a wealthy couple can be very complicated. We handle division of a business, real estate, complicated compensation packages and other complex matters.
- Property division: Property division is important to your financial stability after divorce. Our lawyers can help you achieve a fair resolution.
- Divorce mediation: While we will litigate a divorce, if mediation or collaboration is right for you, we can help you reach a fair outcome through negotiation.
Assistance With Post-Judgment Modifications
Certain life changes affect a person’s ability to uphold a court order. For example, losing your job could make it difficult to pay alimony in full and on time, or a necessary move out of the area might prompt a change in a child custody or visitation order. Before you stop adhering to a court order, however, it is important to call us.
A modification must be done through the court. Failing to uphold a court order without having a modification approved by a judge can result in serious penalties, including jail time. Our attorneys have the skills and experience to help you through the process.